Jon (he/him) met his wife, Nikki, while both were serving as Peace Corps Volunteers in Kazakhstan. They have dedicated their professional lives since to public service, mostly in the field of education. They are the parents of two amazing Island Lake students, Rocco 5th grade and Frankie 1st grade.
Jon is an active member of the Twin Cities Chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America and his union, the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE).
- Over 15 years of public sector experience in government budgeting, data analysis, and administration.
- Currently serving as the Early Childhood Special Education Data & Fiscal Manager at the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE).
- More than eight years of experience working in Minnesota school finance and data including supervising the general education funding team at MDE.
- Worked seven years at the New York City Office of Management and Budget during the Bloomberg Administration overseeing multiple agencies’ budgets including FDNY and Parks.
- Elected to the Twin Cities Democratic Socialists of America Labor Branch Organizing Committee.
- Elected to the MAPE Organizing Council.
- Previously served as the DFL Senate District 42 Treasurer.
- Served two years as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Kazakhstan as an English Teacher Trainer with the Ministry of Education.
- Master of Public Administration, New York University 2008
- Bachelor of Arts Marketing, Michigan State University 2000